In every country, no doubt every city dweller every year celebrates their traditionally called “flag day.” To commence with, the United States shows its patriotism towards his independence from Britain every single year. It wasn’t until 1916 that Flag Day was officially declared by the president Mr. Woodrow Wilson. On June 14, 1937, Pennsylvania became the first U.S state to celebrate Flag Day as a state holiday. At the same day, the United States Army also celebrates the U.S. Army Birthday.
Salient Features About The Flag Day Facts
There are many interesting and Flag Day Facts that show the love for the country. I hope you will enjoy facts behind the celebrations of this day. Let’s talk about these facts:
- Elemental belief is the idea to celebrate Flag Day generated by a teacher in 1885.
- There are symbolic colors of the flag as the flag consists of three colors white, red and blue.
- The red color stands for valor and hardiness. Blue presents justice, perseverance, and vigilance. White symbolizes purity and innocence.
- A more interesting fact about the flag is mostly people refer American flag as old glory — the notion made by a shipmaster named by Captain William Driver in 1831.
- The design of the flag changed 27 times, but it escalates the aptitude of patriotism.
- Moreover, there are some rules for displaying the American flag. Firstly, they include periods for displaying the flag. It should be displayed from sunrise to sunset. Secondly, the flagshould never touch the ground.
- Flag Day is also the same day as the birthday of the United States Army.
- As the Flag Day is not a federal holiday many areas around the United States arrange parades and festivals to give exalted the American flag.
- In addition to this, the largest parade for Flag Day held in Troy and New York. “The times” reported that about 50000 people attend this parade every year.
Remember it, this is not the end of facts of this day, there are many other facts I will discuss in further articles. So I recommend that keep visiting this website for exciting updates. Also Check :-
Where Did Flag Day Originate?
Generally believed that a school teacher named by Bernard CiGrand, nineteen-year-old a small town Wisconsin teacher generated the idea for an annual flag day which should be celebrated all around the world on 14 June.
History Of Invention Of Flag Day:
- In Wisconsin in 1885, CiGrand one day he stuck a 10inch flag in an inkwell, and ask one of his students to write a complete an essay on its meaning. After that CiGrand spent the next 50 ish years while writing in support of making Flag Day a national holiday.
- The Flag Day inventor was designed for greatness.Bernard’s parents belong to Luxembourg, a small European country located between France, Germany, and Belgium. The sir name “CiGrand” comes from a variation of the French for “so grand.”
- Flag Day is the birthday of our stars and stripes becauseit’s not just the flag’s birthday also the birthday of U.S. Army.
- Flag Day is not a federal holiday. You are not allowed a day off work unless you live in Pennsylvania,which recognizes it as a legal state holiday.
- The National Flag Day foundation is thriving Flag Day awareness as the foundation teams like 4-H and VFW scouts to thrive this tradition among city dweller. They are very keen to escalate the aptitude of patriotism by adorning every classroom with flags.
If you have questions related to this event, don’t forget to write a comment below. I will try to give answers to your questions as soon as possible.
Thanks For Visiting.